The current Dalai Lama has a special space in my life. With his infectious smile, twinkling eyes and child like spirit, he has made me look at life with a refined perspective. I do not understand religion but I do understand him . He does not hold any religious significance in my life but he is like a friend I can reach out to for advice anytime I want.
Hope you feel the energy too!
I’ve always been a lover of Buddhism-it’s focus on mindfulness, living fully in the present, living simply, and above all, its teachings on happiness. The following teachings are some of my favorite messages. For a fabulous start to any day, pick one to meditate on in the morning:
1. “Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.”
2. “Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them.”
3. “I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe.”
4. “This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.”
5. “When you are discontented, you always want more, more, more. Your desire can never…
View original post 24 more words